And She Doesn't Fall Down

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Flog for Tomorrow

I'm really worried that my daily nut serving is going to impact my weight loss. Normally, I wouldn't even be able to have nuts in the house without going crazy. At least half of the time, I only eat the maximum and no more, which is real progess for me. I don't eat the starches (They trigger major binges), so I figure that when I eat a little more than usual that I haven't harmed too much. But it is harming some, and I'm afraid of it all adding up.

I bought a bunch of spring onions at the FM (farmer's market) and plan on making an extemporaneous soup tomorrow. I love onions, so as much as I can get in the soup the better. I'm planning on just buying some chopped frozen greens (Kale is my favorite!) and throwing them in the pot with some water, the onions, and some VegeBase. I guess I'll throw in the cucumbers I have in the 'fridge. Honestly, I can't stand cucumbers, yet I buy them every now and then anyway -- just to see if I like them. I never do.

Breakfast: 1 cup frozen bananas and 2 apples
Lunch: A few cups green soup with 1 cup mung beans and banana for dessert
Dinner: Big salad (Lettuce, carrots, onions, mushrooms, etc.)

3 Comments:

  • how did the green soup come out?
    i have a bunch of kale and have been pondering on what i will do w/it.

    anyway... keep with it. i did the strict E2L 6 week plan for about 4 months and some variation of it thereafter. althogether it's been about 10 months. I lost about 40lbs (of course most of it was when i was strict) and have about 6lbs more to go. so be encouraged... you can do it and it will be so worth it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:55 AM  

  • The soup came out very much not like soup! lol. I didn't have time to really work with it, so it ended up being VegeBase, spring onions, and greens all mixed together. It suited my tastes quite well, though :)

    I ended up not using the cucumbers. I really can't stand them! Perhaps I'll make some hummus and drown them in it to make the cukes tolerable. Bleh.

    Thanks for the comment, Keda! I appreciate the support and hearing about your success! Awesome job, BTW. :)

    By Blogger Rosy, at 7:33 PM  

  • nuts...girl I gorge on nuts, I finally had to STOP buying them, because even raw, and organic (and EXPENSIVE) they are just too much fat for My Royal Porkiness. Another thing I do..(if I went ahead and bought them)..get my husband to hid them and dispense a small amount each day. Trail mix is another thing I will overeat.

    By Blogger badyoga, at 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home