And She Doesn't Fall Down

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chocoholics Anonymous

Since I was in preschool, I can remember being called a chocoholic. I love chocolate. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Can I go without it? Yes, and have done so, but I decided to give the new CocoaVia bars a chance. Are they good? Well, they're okay, but that's not the point.

So, I bought a box today and didn't eat the entire thing. Um... that's not like me at all. I was walking home the grocery store and only ate one. It's good enough for me to eat more than one, but I didn't go for it right away. Later on, while munching on one, I set the bar down and didn't pick it back up. It's been at least an hour and I still haven't wanted to eat it. Crazy, yet wonderful - I think I'm making progress! ::knocks on wood:: : )

2 Comments:

  • That's great news Rosy! Congratulations! I know when I used to have something sweet like that around I couldn't control myself either. I haven't tried out my willpower lately, but the next time I am faced with such temptation I will think of you!

    By Blogger Nicole, at 2:43 PM  

  • Ohmigod, me and Chocolate go waayyyyy back.. we have had and on-again, off-again relationship for a looong time now. I quit him, then I went back, then quit him again and now I'm back. A couple of months ago I was so incensed that I said THAT's IT, I quit and stomped two boxes of organic truffles into the dirt (and into the ridges of my runnings shoes in a fit of ItsOverBetweenUs. (And now I find you he is seeing you too!!)

    I re-entered negotiations with him last week and I just don't know where it will lead. One thing I am trying is Steven Gullo's stradegies of BoxingIn/BoxingOut-- I am trying to Eat ONLY >/=70% cocoa bars (boxing all other choc bars out). I used to HATE 70%, it was too bitter for me...but now I find it wonderful & wonder if I will have to move on to >/=85% cocoa (since I don't like it as well and don't over eat it as easily.)
    Earlier tonight I was talking to my Lindt 85% bar ...and told him..I am COMMITTED to making this relationship work...but I hate the way I get so obsessed w/ you...its not You, its Me, I HAVE the problem.
    Another thing I have considered the unsweetened cocoa nibs that someone on Fuhrman's board mentioned to me in a post.

    At one time chocolate was ALL I wanted, all I craved. Now I do actually crave things like green beans, watermelon, so maybe we can work this out. I just don't know.

    By Blogger badyoga, at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home