And She Doesn't Fall Down

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Update

So, since I've last updated I spent time volunteering at a camp for special needs children. The only thing I could eat was beans and iceberg lettuce! Ugh! I had corn chips and other non-E2L things and am struggling (Once again!) to get back on track.

I'm really questioning whether or not I'm ready to do E2L . I think about food all of the time when I'm on a "diet." It's an emotional thing, not a hunger thing. I know I'm a food addict. If I could just eat one meal a day, I'd be fine. I'm fine during breakfast, but the binging starts once I hit lunch. And I binge late at night as well.

At this point, I'm really considering going back to the way I ate to lose the bulk of my weight. I ate cereal, fruits, and vegetables. It's something that's doable and sustainable for me. The only reason I was eating that way was because it was cheap, satisfying and convenient. I didn't have cravings or have the emotional desire to eat anything else; I had just become vegan and still had my [soy]milk and cereal as a SAD comfort.

I'd like to try eating this way again. I think I'll just modify it a bit so that it's as nutrient dense as possible. I recently bought a blender on sale (Specifically made for smoothies), so I'll definitely be drinking a lot of blended salads.

I'd love for people to weigh-in with their thoughts!

3 Comments:

  • Oh man, you are singing my song! I was also wondering if E2L is for me; if it's worth it to go around feeling hungry and thinking about food all day. Frankly, it's making me a little crazy. Like you I'm fine at breakfast, even lunch isn't a problem but once I get home, watch out. Everything goes out the window. In general I have to credit E2L with at least making me more aware of the kinds of food I eat and their nutrient density. Your plan sounds good to me, if it makes you more comfortable and less anxious, and if you've had success in the past, then maybe it's the way to go right now. Do what works, baby and don't bother feeling guilty about it. Hey maybe we could start our own group, E2L Anonymous. LOL!

    By Blogger TheWriterStuff, at 8:02 AM  

  • so maybe you should try that...
    stick w/ ETL for breakfast and lunch and give yourself more leeway for your evening meal.
    this is a MARATHON, not a sprint...
    as for myself, i migrated to ETL and its become easier for me the longer I stay keep trying-- now I would say I am very ETL compliant

    OR you could make vegtables a central part of every meal but include a reasonably sized non-ETL item that you are especially attached to

    By Blogger badyoga, at 3:13 PM  

  • Актуальность - вежливость темы. Хорошо, что выложили эту статью. Пишите еще. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-metodakh-v-stroitelstve/125-metody-opredeleniya-stoimosti-stroitelstva.html]строительный портал краснодара[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home