And She Doesn't Fall Down

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Heaps of Hummus

I've really been experimenting with hummus-like dips today! I've eaten so many garbanzo beans, I think I may turn yellow. As Keda suggested, I added some raspberry vinegar to some and it tasted divine (Yes, divine!) over my cooked onions and kale. I also had lots of watermelon, some more split pea hummus, and two small oranges. I'm going out to eat tonight, hopefully for a salad.

I seem to have trouble going out to eat sometimes. Despite Dr. Fuhrman's Eating to Live On the Outside posts, I can never manage to get eating out to be enjoyable food-wise. Funny thing, the portions for salads are teeny tiny, while steaks and such are HUGE!

For a family gathering, we went out to eat at a local restaurant. They were so kind to me about my "diet." Instead of asking the chef to leave off all the animal products and olives, the waitress suggested that I just order the house salad. I did just that and got almost no food! It could have been eaten in two or three normal-sized bites. She asked if I wanted another, and of course I said yes. I didn't want her to have to keep going back for such little food, so I just asked for some steamed mushrooms and broccoli (She had said it was an option). It came out with everyone else's meals and was easily 1/5 of the other meals. Um, okay? I sat and chatted with everyone while they ate, a bit disappointed about the outcome but happy that the restaurant attempted to please li'l ol' me.

And then I went home and ate some hummus. LOL!

1 Comments:

  • Balsamic vinegar is good in hummus too-- I like it better than my traditional lemon juice. Too bad about the restaurant! It is frustrating when your needs aren't met. Why can't healthy food be readily available? It should be more difficult to obtain unhealthy stuff, instead it's the other way around.
    Ruth

    By Blogger Ruth Donnelly, at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home