And She Doesn't Fall Down

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Shopping: The Skirt and Shorts Debacle

Like a stereotypical girl-y girl, I love to shop. I lost 40 pounds and four and a half sizes -- I didn't like shopping before this. I thought I was thin when I lost three sizes, but now I feel chubby and I don't know why. I guess it's because I have such a tiny body frame...

Anyway, I tried on a skirt and I thought I finally made it into that size. However, when I tried on the shorts, they were too tight! I didn't pout, cry, or do that scream under my breath that really isn't quiet at all (All the ladies know what I'm talking about!). Normally, I just wouldn't buy the item of clothing. I had to submit, though. I have a pair of capris, one pair of khaki shorts, a khaki skirt, and a pair of shorts that fit a week and a half ago but surely not now (Damn cashews). I ended up getting the shorts and the skirt.

All of the weight I'm trying to lose is around my arms, hips and belly, to be specific. I'm hoping that I don't lose any weight from anywhere else; I'm happy with the rest of my body. I love buy tops. I've only grown a few inches since I was in fifth grade and a shirt I've kept from that time is bigger on me now than then.

I'm really worried that this program won't work for me as I only have 10-15 pounds left to lose. I do think it's something I could do for the rest of my, so that's not the problem. The problem is that I can't bring myself to exercise sometimes. I've thrown out the nuts, so maybe that will help. I'll stick to the veggies, fruits, and legumes and try to get my butt into gear with the exercising. I don't know why I stopped with only 10 pounds left to lose...

So, this post has been, self-pitying, shallow and superficial. Hey, what can I say? It is an online journal. I've gotta be honest.

1 Comments:

  • 10-15 pounds to lose... not too shabby!
    I used to have a love-hate affair with exercising. What I do now is change into a workout outfit as soon as I get up. (But sometimes that doesn't really work!)

    I usually do the "10 Minute Solution Pilates" on DVD. This one keeps me motivated to do more, and on track. Even when I'm pressed for time, at least I know I get at least 10-20 minutes of fun exercise.

    By Blogger kaivegan, at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home