And She Doesn't Fall Down

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What I Want, I'll Get!

The first time I read the book Skinny Bitch, I fell in love. It keeps me down to earth and makes me feel like I can achieve my health and weight loss goals - I can control my life and eating. One thing the book mentions is positive affirmations, which I really believe work. For a few weeks after reading the book, I told myself that "Everyday, in everyway, my hips are getting smaller," and etc. My clothes starting fitting better and I felt better about myself, so I don't care how it worked! It worked! I'm trying to get back into that positive way of thinking about my body.

My life isn't really going the way I'd like right now. There are a lot of things I want that I just don't have or can't have (As is the case with everyone!). There are so many things in my life that I should have control over, but I don't. So, everyday, I now write out what I want, what I will allow myself to do, what I will resign myself to do - I will allow myself to care for myself; I will allow myself to care about myself. I resign myself to care for myself. I resign myself to care about myself.

I'm really anxious to see if my local library carries the books recommended by badyoga. I think that they'll help me out a lot, especially in addition to Skinny Bitch (Which is my current bible. LOL!).

Here's what I ate today:
Two baked potatoes
A pound of cooked veggies
Baby carrots
Green tea

And, you know what? I am satisfied! Food is not a big deal! It's just food and I didn't die because I didn't follow a certain plan to the letter or even attempt to. Honestly, I don't think I could have come to this realization without all of you leaving me encouragement and advice. It's helps to just have a "Rosy Plan." Thanks, everyone!

BTW, I did have to change my ticker. Ah, well! What can I do but keep thinking positively? :)

1 Comments:

  • I'm glad to see you're getting back into the groove of things! I'm going to have to read Skinny Bitch, even the title is great!

    By Blogger Nicole, at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home