And She Doesn't Fall Down

Friday, October 20, 2006

A Jean Size and a Half

Unfortunately, that's what I've gained. The year 2006 is just kicking my butt. It started off with the very tragic and public death of a parent, the hospitalization of another close relative, and then another relative dealing with cancer. In all of this, I had 1/3 of my family disown me. Since I've last updated, life's thrown some more stuff my way. Three of my good friends are suffering medical problems (An undiagnosed skin disease, an undiagnosed intestinal problem, and cancer), my great uncle has been becoming incredibly forgetful, the relationship with my only remaining parent is a bit tumultuous, I'm having work troubles, and I just can't deal!

So, I've started going to therapy. I can't believe what a terrible year I'm having, and I just haven't been dealing too well. I've gained quite a bit of weight, and I'm sick quite a bit.

So, right now, I'm sitting at home, congested, and wearing some of the only clothes I have that fit. I've just gotta deal with my stuff! I can't do it feeling like this, and I know what I need to do. I need to start taking care of myself. I said to myself this week, "Screw it!" I bought an iPod Nano, E2L foods, and plan on getting more tomorrow. I walk home from work (Carpool to work) and to run all of my errands. I'm going to the grocery store on the other end of town to buy more frozen veggies tomorrow, and walking to see some friends, too. Who needs a car? It costs so much money to drive and almost no calories.

Tomorrow morning, I plan on weighing myself and taking a picture of how I look now for before and after shots. I can do this! I have to do this!

4 Comments:

  • hey..sorry to hear you've been having sucha rough time...i know when things get tough you are the last thing on yr mind...but it's good to hear your taking charge and getting yrself back.. sometimes, yourself is the only thing u have to keep u sane..so take care of u... hope to hear from u again soon!

    By Blogger veganmunkee, at 10:00 PM  

  • I'm sorry you have had such a terrible time-- and I'm sorry for your loss. The best thing you can do for yourself is to take care of your body-- you can tolerate so much more when your body is well taken care of. Good luck! I know you can do it. You'll be like the pheonix rising from the ashes...

    By Blogger Sabrina, at 11:10 AM  

  • Glad to have you back.
    My dad died in Autumn of 1998 and I still miss him. It seems I have been especially meloncholy this Autumn....hadn't realized it until now..but maybe that pain is a contributor to my current meloncholy.
    I remember when a friend learned about my dad dying-- she told me to take care of myself....said to stay the shower a long time...oh my...was that the right thing to say...it was so heavenly...I probably ran up the waterbills at the health club I would stay in so long...athen go into the sauna afterward and dry off.....take comfort where you can.

    By Blogger badyoga, at 4:53 PM  

  • Wow, you've had it tough. You're strong though. Each day you live you are proving that you are STRONG!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home